The 2020 Workshops
Thursday, March 5
10am - 4pm
Columbia Conference Center
Grow Business * Advance Leadership Development * Build Healthy Teams
There is something for everyone at the CBE whether a business, organization or aspiring entrepreneur!
Choose which Workshops you want to attend!
Click each Workshop Title to learn more.
Does Organizational Culture Impact Results?
Presented by Keith Huggins,
Vice President of National Sales for Southeastern Freight Lines, Inc.
The phrase “organizational culture” has become more and more common these days, but few really know how to define or measure it. To that end, even fewer truly understand the real impact that the culture of an organization has on bottom-line results.
A winning strategy that is to be implemented by an organization with a toxic culture is basically impotent. It’s true…culture eats strategy for breakfast.
Keith will offer some practical examples of how to define, grow, and measure organizational culture. He’ll also share with you some of the very tangible results of a healthy organizational culture.
7 Facebook Live Hacks That WORK
Presented by Rob Dempsey, HIS Morning Crew Host & Operations/Program Director
Recent studies show that you can gain and keep the attention of more people than ever before with Facebook Live video.
The good news is most people you need to reach will watch your Facebook Live video...
The bad news is most businesses and organizations fail to use this game changer!
Rob will give you 7 Facebook Live hacks and tips that has changed the way he does business!
Use the Proven Power of Story to Grow Your Business
Presented by April Cassidy,
Content Writer for Trevett's, and StoryBrand Certified Guide
Story has worked for thousands of years to engage the human heart and mind, and help people make sense of complicated things. Jesus was a master storyteller who often used story to make His message crystal clear, so it makes sense that this would be a great approach for us to use even today.
In this workshop:
- Discover the 7 elements of a compelling story.
- Find out how the human brain responds to story in marketing.
- Learn about inviting people into a bigger story with your brand.
- Gain awareness how a great message attracts customers to your brand.
This workshop is for you if:
- You find it difficult to explain what your business does in 15 seconds or less.
- You want to grab people's attention so they can absorb your message quickly and easily (which helps them want to buy from you).
- You want to energize your employees.
- You want more sales.
- Marketing stresses you out and feels complicated.
- You feel like you have been wasting the money you spend on marketing and not getting good results.
- You have a business, non-profit, ministry, or are an aspiring entrepreneur.
Let Your Faith Be Bigger Than Your Fear
Presented by Melanie Shull,
Founder & Editor in Chief for Living Real Magazine
Uncovering the Stresses that are Destroying Health
Presented by Dr. Michelle Fox,
Owner of Stay Tuned Chiropractic
Do you feel like you are not living up to your God-given potential due to overwhelming stress? Have you been living a life weighed down by the “day to day grind”? Do you feel like you just started “falling apart” and don’t know why? Do you blame your current health on “old age” or genetics? Are you tired of the cycles of recurring illness, pain and medications?
- Learn how to identify the 3 main sources of stress in your life.
- Understand what stress is doing in your body and why it is important NOT to ignore it.
- Discover ways to reduce your stress and find a pathway to wellness.
The 2020 Social Media Trends that Matter to Small Business
Presented by Tony Snipes, HIS Radio Promotions & Digital Director
Social Media has leveled the marketing playing field for small businesses and organizations.
But, it is an ever-changing medium that can get confusing, and can lead to time and money wasted.
Tony will help you avoid those pitfalls by sharing his findings on the 2020 Social Media Trends that Matter MOST to Small Business and Organizations.
3 Things we'll uncover:
- What trends are most relevant to YOUR organization this year.
- What trends you do NOT need to waste your time on.
- What resources will help you even AFTER this session.
Tips to Stay Safe from Identity Theft
Presented by Sarah Mitchell,
Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS)
and Independent LegalShield Small Business & Employee Group Benefits Specialist
Identity theft is an issue for everyone these days. Our world of technology has made it easier than ever before to steal identity, and it is affecting not only personal assets but business too.
In this workshop, we will cover:
- The 6 Most Common Types of Identity Theft
- Steps You Can Take to Reduce Your Risk
- Why Thieves Don't Want Your Money but Your Identity
- How Identity Theft Restoration Can Help You
You will walk away with tips to keep you safe in your personal and business world.
Make Your Business Great!
Presented by Roger Spires,
Owner of Smart Business Academy
Learn how to find fulfillment, freedom and income you desire from your business with the least amount of stress possible. In this workshop you will walk away with the knowledge and tools necessary to understand and manage your business. Gain insight into 5 Key Components of SBA business model—FOAMS.
- Investigate your Financial components
- Cover overall Operations process
- Unpack Administrative functions
- Understand Marketing next steps
- Grow in Sales process
7 Critical IT Security Protections EVERY Business Must Have
Presented by James Wirth,
Owner of SC IT Support
Learn the #1 security threat to your business that antivirus, firewalls and other security protocols can’t protect against. Find out the SHOCKING truth about bank fraud that most businesses don’t know about that could (literally) wipe out your bank account.
- Understand why firewalls and antivirus software are not enough.
- Gain insight how mobile phones and cloud applications are seriously jeopardizing security and data protection.
- Find out what you need to do to protect yourself.
- Cyber Threat Assessment offered with CBE cyber workshop.
The Value of Integrity
Presented by Tim Hodge,
Owner of Shepherd's Guide
The Best Business is Repeat Business
The Best Marketing is Satisfied Clients
Integrity is as Important as your Service/Goods
Everything Revolves around Relationships
How to Really Care for Employees in a Digital Age
Presented by Adrianne Watson,
Senior Account Manager for RightNow Ministries
- Are you looking for ways to connect leadership development for your staff?
- Do you need resources for your employees to help them with the issues they deal with in their personal lives that often filter into the workplace?
- Would you like your employees to know how much you really care about their needs?
This is the right workshop for you. You’ll learn how using resources like RightNow Media @ Work can help you care for your employees and provide both personal and professional development. You’ll walk away with practical tips that can ultimately change the lives of your employees and positively impact your bottom line.
Learn SEO Optimization Without Spending Money
Presented by David Tanner,
Learn how to optimize your website and online presence to rank higher on Google and other search engines for FREE.
Topics covered include:
- Importance of Content
- Use of Backlinks
- Social Media Presence
- Keywords and your Website
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: Taking charge of your technology solutions
Presented by Neadom Tucker,
Founder & Solutions Architect of Kotori Technologies
Did you know 54% of all employees blame lack of collaboration as the primary productivity deterrent? We have the solution. Integrating seamless, holistic technology solutions, and trusting in them to support your team.
Doing so will simplify your business processes and boost your productivity. Technology solutions are not one size fits all. We’ll help you find out what it takes to make a business like yours operate more smoothly.
What you’ll learn in the workshop:
- Understanding your company's risk tolerance.
- Identifying bottlenecks in workflow.
- Technology compliance and workplace alignment.
- Goal oriented, intentional business planning and operations.
The Secret Sauce
Presented by Cindy Grosso,
Founder of the Charleston School of Protocol and Etiquette
Self-confidence is the single most influential factor when predicting your ability to achieve personal and professional success.
- What do the world’s greatest leaders have in common?
- What makes one professional advance faster than another?
- What makes someone magnetic and memorable?
The answer is confidence, and confidence can be developed like any vital skill set.
Confidence creates opportunity, and Cindy knows how to help you capture them both.
Learn about the secret sauce, and the silent skill set you cannot list on the resume but is crucial to elevate your professional status and excel in business.
This workshop will help you not be the best kept secret in your industry!
Registration includes Lunch, Workshops, Business Panel Discussion, Exhibitor Hall & More for only $35!
(Register early to save! $40 at the door. Group Discounts available for 3 or more.)
Doors open to public at 9:30am, and workshops begin at 10am with 2-3 to choose from each hour. Workshop seating limited.